Detailed inspections should be carried out at regular intervals as per manufacturer guidance on all Fall Protection Equipment.
This course ensures that any persons carrying out these activities are aware of their duties under Health and Safety Law as well as obligations under manufacturers recommended guidelines.
This course consists of both theory and practical tasks to familiarise delegates with a range of fall protection equipment and its inspection criteria.
Delegates will be assessed by the trainer during the course and a final practical and written assessment will complete the certification process.
Delegates attending this course must meet the following minimum standards…
- A professional attitude and a willingness to learn.
- A good understanding of written and spoken English.
- Numeracy skills.
- Knowledge of height safety equipment will be advantageous.
Who is this course for?
Delegates attending this course will be working towards achieving competency in order to be able to carry out the statutory detailed inspection of Personal Fall Protection Equipment (PFPE)
- Work at Height Professionals.
- Anyone who manages personnel who Work at Height.
- Anyone who manages Personal Fall Protection Equipment.
This course will address
- UK legislation & standards.
- Duties and responsibilities.
- Understanding of European Standards and Marking for Fall Arrest.
- Types of Personal Fall Protection Equipment.
- Inspection and record keeping procedures.
- Types of examinations/inspections.
- Inspection methods for textile equipment.
- Inspection methods for rope.
- Inspection methods for metal components and accessories.
- Equipment maintenance and storage.
- Equipment disposal.
Content and Delivery in accordance with
- BS 8454 Code of practice for the delivery of training and education for work at height and rescue.
- BS 8437 Code of practice for the selection, use and maintenance of fall protection systems and equipment.
- The Work at Height Regulations 2005.
Additional reference material
- Health and Safety at Work Etc Act 1974.
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998.
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998.
- Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992.
- European Standards and Marking for Fall Arrest.
- INDG367- Inspecting fall arrest equipment made from webbing or rope.